Followers

Thursday 12 February 2009

2 Cocks and 18 Hens



Photo credit: Chicken and a hen




I had my hen night last Friday. I am still recovering. Yes, it was that good!

Unusually, I invited two honorary male hens, or cocks as I prefer to think of them.

Even more unusually, after we had eaten at the wonderful (and very good value)
Thai Corner we met up with J and his stags at Plug n Play  - where J and I had first met. Oh, and where I subsequently have enjoyed many a wild night.

Did I mention that I danced on the table in the restaurant? No? Good. I shudder now, but it seemed appropriate at the time.

After some brilliant dance music and a few interesting incidents, including a good (married) friend of mine being propositioned by a very sexy hunk of a man to come back with him and his wife (!!!), we wobbled into a taxi at about 5am.

My wonderful foresight had led me to make a blueberry pancake batter before I went out so I could rustle up breakfast for all my guests. Unfortunately, most of them had snuck off before I dragged myself out of bed - at around 5pm. I'm no good with late nights/early mornings. I have to sleep them off straight away.

El's dad was kindly looking after both El and her cousin until Sunday lunchtime, so Jules (my sis) and I had enough time to be fully compus mentis before having to switch into mummy mode.

I had the best time, but I'm glad I don't have to party that hard on a regular basis. I'm still feeling a little delicate nearly a week later.

4 comments:

Millennium Housewife said...

Ooo just found your blog, excellent! Looking forward to reading about your wedding run up, I've always regretted not knowing about blogs on the run up to mine. Off to read from the beginning MH

Home Office Mum said...

sounds like a good night.My liver definitely doesn't play nice anymore after a heavy night.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fab. I could definitely have done with some cocks at my own hen night.

Rosie Scribble said...

Dancing on tables in the restaurant - brilliant stuff!